Terms & Conditions
This page sets out the Terms and Conditions under which you may use the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club’s Website. Accessing the website means that you accept and agree to be bound, without limitation or qualification, by these Terms and Conditions. The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club reserves the right to modify or revise these Terms at any time, at its sole discretion. If you choose to access the website, then you are bound by any such modification or revision and should, therefore, visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions.
USE OF MATERIAL
- The contents of this website, including but not limited to text, software, photographs, graphics, illustrations, artwork, video, music, sound, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other material are protected by copyright laws internationally. This includes both content owned by the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club and content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club.
- You are authorised to view and download a single copy of the material on the website solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not sell or modify the material or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the material in any way for any public or commercial purpose without the written permission of the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club.
- If you would like to obtain the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club’s permission to use any of the material on your own website, or link to our website, please contact the Membership Department. If you violate any of these Terms, your permission to use the material automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the material.
- The website and material are provided on an ‘as is’ basis without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club, its partners and suppliers, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all warranties, including but not limited to warranties of title, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability and non-infringement of proprietary or third party rights. The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club, its partners and suppliers make no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material, services, text, graphics and links.
- The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club makes no warranties that the website will operate error-free or that its website or its server are free of computer viruses or other harmful items. The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club is not liable for any costs if use of the website or the material results in the need for servicing or replacing of equipment or data.
- The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club shall not be held responsible for any third party material.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY / DISCLAIMER OF DAMAGES
- In no event shall the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club, its partners or suppliers be liable to any user or any third party for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or lost profits) resulting from the use or inability to use the website or the material, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club is advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, remove, or disable access to, material on the website that infringes on the rights of others. If you believe that your work has been used on our website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club with a written notice that includes the following information:
– identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
– a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the website;
– your address, telephone number and email address;
– a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
– a statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf;
– an electronic or physical signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- Links to third party websites maintained by others are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club of their contents. The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club is not responsible for the content of linked third party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of their materials. Access to linked third party websites is at your own risk.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the material (including software) or your breach of the terms of this Agreement.
JURISDICTION AND VALIDITY
- The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club makes no claims that the materials are appropriate for any particular purpose or audience, or that they may be downloaded outside of Singapore. Access to the materials may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access our website from outside of Singapore, you are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
- The Republic of Singapore Yacht Club is headquartered in Singapore and, hence, all legal issues arising from or related to the use of the website shall be construed in accordance with and determined by the laws of Singapore. By using this website, you agree that the exclusive forum for the bringing of any claims or causes of action arising out of or relating to your use is in Singapore. You hereby accept and submit to the jurisdiction of such court in any such proceeding or action, and irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any objection which you may now or hereafter have to the venue and any claim that any such action or proceeding has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
- If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Except as expressly provided in a particular ‘Legal Notice’ for software or material on particular web pages, this Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between you and the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club with respect to the use of our website.