Howth Yacht Club was founded as Howth Sailing Club in 1895. Howth Sailing Club later combined with Howth Motor Yacht Club, which had operated from the West Pier since 1935, to form Howth Yacht Club. The current modern clubhouse was built and completed in 1987 and further extensions have since been made to the building, grounds and marina to facilitate activities of one of the largest sailing memberships in Ireland and the UK.
The club organises and runs sailing events and courses for members and visitors all throughout the year and has very active keelboat and dinghy racing fleets. In addition, Howth Yacht Club prides itself as being a world-class international sailing event venue and hosts many National, European and World Championships as part of its busy annual sailing schedule.
The club has its own 250 berth marina with some berths available to visitors who are always welcome to the club.
Key Contact Person: Paddy Judge
Designation: Vice Commodore
Correspondence Address: Middle Pier, Howth Harbour, Howth, Dublin D13 E6V3