Nature and scope of position
- Reporting to General Manager, the Marina Operations Manager has to operate a safe, environmentally sound and profitable marina, and to maximise the potential of the facility.
Duties and responsibilities
- The Marina Operations Manager is responsible for the successful and profitable operation of the marina
- Develop detailed budgets and forecasts for all aspects of marina operations.
- Develop maintenance plan for all marina structures and machineries ensuring maximum efficiency and profitability.
- Helps to Develop and implement strategies to fill vacant berths
- Helps to Directing the promotion of the marina, to include advertising, exhibitions, meetings, press releases, direct mail, agency/media relations, yachting and other special events. In particular to ensure that all material is well planned and presented.
- Oversee all enquiries for berths, making sure that detailed up-to-date records, including all follow ups are maintained on the computer database.
- Oversee berth allocation and associated paperwork involved with boat arrivals and departures.
- To lead a team of marina staff, contractors or other parties using the facility.
- Recruit and train all marina employees in accordance with company procedures, including Environmental Management System (EMS) requirements.
- Maintain staff training records and ensure all qualifications required are obtained within certain period.
- Conduct annual staff performance review meetings.
- Maintain good relations with all members/customers, ensuring that their boating needs are met at all times.
- Ensure prompt collection of outstanding marina fees and rents from debtors.
- Ensure staff career progression and/or training needs are fulfilled.
- The Manager must also work closely with afterhourssecurity on matters that affect the overall security and safety of the marina, its employees and customers.
- Maintaining the highest standards of site cleanliness, hygiene, presentation and staff service.
- Maintain, administer and document the EMS system, including audits, documentation and recommendations to improve the system. This also involves coordination of the waste management system.
- Ensure the marina is operating according to the requirements of the Environmental Protection Authority licences and complies with all environmental requirements.
- Degree/Diploma in any discipline or equivalent
- Global Marina Institute certificate IMM, AMM ,CMM
- Boat Driving license
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar capacity
We regret that only short-listed candidate will be notified.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume to email@example.com or call 6768 9298.